Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock you’ll know that embroidery is set to be the hottest trend this Summer. The high-street and mid-range contemporary collections are awash with vibrant floral pieces which for me is rather exciting! The great thing is that there are so many options and i’ve chosen 5 key pieces that will slot easily into anyone’s wardrobe.
Will you embrace the embroidery trend this Summer?
1) The Shirt: a cotton shirt with floral embroidery across the shoulders is subtle. You can wear it open over a cotton tee, buttoned up with a mini skirt or styled with the collar open. Teamed with a pair of high-waisted jeans this is an easy look to wear out and about.
2) Dress: Pimkie is the latest French brand i’m lusting over. What I love is that this cold shoulder dress is a nod to the floral trend without being overpowering. The feminine ruffle detail will make this the ideal dress for warmer days, just add sandals to complete the look. At £29.99 it’s a steal!
3) Jeans: when it comes to denim i’ve always been a traditionalist. These Victoria Beckham jeans however, are perfect. You may have noticed that my current denim cut of choice is a high-waisted slim leg jean so these could be another pair to add to my collection. Go for a classic look with a twist and style a simple tee with an embroidered jean and add some pointy pumps to dress up the look for dinner.
4) Cardigan: I feel that cardigan’s are tarnished with a bad name. They get associated with words such as ‘frumpy’ and ‘granny.’ This one is different though. The oversized kimono shape makes it ever so chic, especially with the tapered cut down to the waist. The subtle hues of the embroidery will compliment staple wardrobe colours like Khaki, Blue and Grey. I’d style it with skinny jeans and ballet flats, easy for the weekend and easy for work. Win-win!
5) Shoe: I fell in love with this New Look shoe because of the panel detailing. You can see that i’ve styled it with a pair of high-waisted jeans and an oversized sweater. I also style them with my simple black dresses and tailored shorts. The block heel means they’re really comfortable, i’ll definitely be wearing these all Summer long.
See how other’s are styling this season’s hottest trend…
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you’re loving this trend right now make sure you share your outfit snaps with me.
Sweater: Topshop (out of stock). See similar here.
Shoes: New Look
Bag: Saint Laurent